First Aid

dog with first aid bag
Never leave dangerous objects like pins, needles, or fish hooks within reach. Keep poisonous products and materials far from your pet's reach as you would with a child.

Of course, before an emergency ever arises, it's a good idea to learn all you can about first aid techniques and pet health care. Never leave dangerous objects like pins, needles, or fish hooks within reach. Keep poisonous products and materials far from your pet's reach as you would with a child. Be well aware of your pet's normal behavior, so you can recognize what's not normal. Remember that the objective is to relieve suffering . . . perhaps even to save a life. Emergency first aid is most effective when rendered quickly, but calmly.

A sick or injured animal is often in a frightened state, so if emergency first aid is necessary protect yourself (even if it's your own pet); cats can be handled with gloves or wrapped in a blanket - a dog can be muzzled. If there's any question of seriousness, keep our phone number handy with other emergency phone numbers.

Family pets (and all animals) risk all kinds of poisoning from all kinds of places. Snakes can poison; some plants can poison; and hundreds of poisonous materials are used around the home by people every day - things like pesticides, weed killers, lawn sprays, acids, fertilizers, paints . . . the list is endless.

Here's what you can do if your pet is poisoned:

* Keep your pet warm and quiet
* Try to determine what the poison was, when it was ingested, and the amount swallowed
* Immediately call us and/or your nearest poison control center

When you bring your pet to see us, bring the container (or the label) with you. Most of the time poisoning is accidental. Keep poisonous materials out of reach, know what your pet is doing at all times, and keep emergency telephone numbers handy.

Location

Find us on the map

Office Hours

Monday:

8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Tuesday:

8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Wednesday:

8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Thursday:

8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Friday:

8 a.m.-5 p.m.

Saturday:

Closed

Sunday:

Closed

Testimonials

Feedback from our clients

  • "Thank you so much for always being there for my pets. The Vets are amazing and the office staff is always friendly and compassionate. I am so thankful to have been able to have my animals treated by such a wonderful staff."
  • "My Chocolate Lab was attacked by 2 Pit Bulls and I didn't think He would survive. I got Him in the car, bleeding profusely, called Pacific Crest and Laura said "bring Him in". The poor dog had tubes in places I wouldn't dream of. His ears were torn in pieces and I had little hope for survival. Many more tales with both dogs and I would never think of going else where."
  • "Thank you for checking on my Baby love the staff very friendly Dr. Kelly is amazing too."
  • "Thank you for taking such good care of our Cleo!"
  • "I cannot say enough good things sbout the staff here. Took my 11 year old kitty in today for a severely infected abcess and they worked hard fixing him up. Everybody is so incredibly sweet and helpful! The price after treatment was very reasonable as well. Beautiful facility with the most caring and professional staff you'll ever encounter. My new vet clinic for all of my fur babies from now on"
  • "My kitties love Pacific Crest! We appreciate the TLC and especially the guidance when we've had to make end-of-life decisions for our pets. It's always tough but it helps when you have a vet who understands and loves cats as much as you do."
  • "Not only are they amazing with horses...they are awesome with your small, four legged friends. So caring and compassionate. I wouldn't take my pets anywhere else!"
    Tammy